Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
● Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and in addition, for subscribers, your credit card number or other payment information and other personally identifiable information. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information. For job seekers, who upload information about themselves, we collect all such information, including information which is contained in resumes.
● Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include (but are not limited to): updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information, as well as feedback from other users of our websites.
● Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient.
WE DO NOT REQUEST AND YOU MUST NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION, FINANCIAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION (EXCEPT AS IS NEEDED TO MAKE PAYMENT FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS ON OUR WEBSITE), DRIVER’S LICENSE INFORMATION OR OTHER GOVERNMENTAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION SUCH AS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS. YOU MUST REMOVE ALL SUCH INFORMATION FROM YOUR RESUME OR OTHER SUBMISSIONS TO OUR WEBSITES.
● Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, location, operating system, access times, the search engine queries you used to get to our website, the pages of our website you visit and your activities on our website such as what images, videos, or other imbedded media you view, as well as the amount of time spent on our pages, the number of pages visited, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
● Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
● Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Additional Information Regarding Cookies and Web Beacons
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie may contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (typically click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
How we use the information we collect
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
● deliver the products and services that you have requested;
● manage your account and provide you with customer support;
● perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
● communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
● communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
● develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
● verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
● perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on you
● enforce our terms and conditions;
● manage our business and
● perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. For Subscribers, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify you to participate in our directory service, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website, this information, including your resume, may be shared with other companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for a particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings or to support the services offered on the website.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated in this Policy or when we otherwise inform you with an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
● Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website or performing background checks of job applicants or subscribers. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
● Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
● Job Matching. We may match job applicant information with potential employers seeking employees or independent contractors. Sharing this information with potential employer allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided.
● Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
● In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
● When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
● In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. For potential employers, we may share your business contact information with third parties, including but not limited to, business name, address, telephone number, email address and name of owner or proprietor of the business.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
● You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member of our directory service; to use our services; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
● At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by accessing your user account and disabling your account. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian, please contact us if you believe information regarding a child has been collected by us through our website.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
For our Canadian users:
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny access:
● When denial of access is required by law
● When granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy;
● To protect our company’s rights and property; or
● Where the request if frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we will explain why.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is email@example.com.
Do Not Track
Effective Date: February 26, 2018
© 2018 Rae Mackenzie Group, Inc. All rights reserved.